Môn Tiếng Anh Lớp 7 IX. Choose the word which best fits each gap. The first Glastonbury Festival took place In 1970 and was (1) _______ by Michael Eavis,
Môn Tiếng Anh Lớp 7 IX. Choose the word which best fits each gap.
The first Glastonbury Festival took place In 1970 and was (1) _______ by Michael Eavis, who still runs the festival now (2) _______ his farm in Somerset in the south-west of England. Michael charged people just £1 to enter, and the ticket included free milk from the farm. Only 1,500 people attended on that occasion, (3) _______ this number has grown exponentially since then. In 2011, there were approximately 100 times (4) _______ people in the crowd and tickets, which cost £195 each, (5) _______ out within 4 hours. The festival takes place almost every year in the last weekend of June and lasts for three days.
Although it is best known for contemporary music, Glastonbury is host to other (6) _______ arts such as dance, comedy and theatre.
1. a. organise b. organising c. organised d. organization
2. a. on b. in c. at d. from
3. a. so b. but c. or d. while
4. a. many b. much c. more d. most
5. a. took b. sold c. bought d. worked
6. a. performing b. creative c. decorative d. academic
X. Read the text carefully, then decide whether the following statements are true (T) orfalse (F).
Famously being one of Vietnam’sseven UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the ImperialCity of Hue has long been a must-see attraction for tourists.
The Imperial City of Hue was actually a walled fortress and palace belonged to the ancient city of Hue which was a capital city of the Nguyen Dynasty – Vietnam’s last royal dynasty for 140 years. The grandeur architecture was planned to be built in 1803 by Emperor Gia Long. During 27 years from 1805 to 1832, the Imperial City of Hue was finally completed under the reign of the Emperor Minh Mang, making it the most massive structure being built in the history of modern Vietnam. There are total of ten main majestic gates leading to the Imperial City of Hue, which can be divided into two main parts: The Citadel and The Forbidden City. The complex of the Emperor’s residence, gates, temples, and pagodas was severely damaged during the Vietnam War, and only 20 out of 148 buildings survived.
1. Hue used to be the capital of Vietnam.
2. The Imperial City of Hue was built in 1803 by Emperor Gia Long.
3. It took 27 years to complete the construction of the Imperial City of Hue.
4. The Imperial City of Hue includes two main parts: The Citadel and the Forbidden City.,
5. Many relics in Hue Imperial City were badly damaged due to natural disasters.
6. The Imperial City of Hue was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
XI. Write the second sentence so that it has the same meaning to the first one.
1. Be calm or you’ll make a wrong decision.
2. A great poet wrote these wonderful poems.
→ These wonderful poems
3. Jane didn’t go fishing yesterday because it rained heavily.
→ Because of
4. Khue Van pavilion is used as a symbol of Hanoi by Vietnamese people.
→ Vietnamese people
5. His idea is different from mine.
→ His idea is not
6. These Dong Ho paintings are more expensive than those modern paintings.
→ Those modern paintings are not
7. What is your favourite food?
→ What food
8. Chefs use these machines to mix the ingredients.
→ These machines
Giúp em bài này với ạ em cần gấp, đừng copy nguồn trên mạng nha. Em xin cảm ơn thầy cô và các bạn nhiều.