Môn Tiếng Anh Lớp 9 khg cần giải thích Parenthetical Expression 1. A parenthetical expression is a word or words that add details to a sentence are essen
Môn Tiếng Anh Lớp 9 khg cần giải thích
1. A parenthetical expression is a word or words that
add details to a sentence
are essential to a sentence
2. A parenthetical expression doesn’t change a sentence’s basic
punctuation or length
structure or meaning
3. If a parenthetical expression is cut from a sentence, the sentence
won’t make sense
will still make sense
4. “Global temperatures, as expected, are rising.” The parenthetical expression is
5. In Question 4 above, which shows where the parenthetic begins and ends?
a set of quotation marks
a pair of commas
6. Which can separate a mid-sentence parenthetic from the rest of a sentence?
commas, round brackets or long dashes
commas, semi-colons or quotation marks
7. Which sentence includes a parenthetical expression?
The traffic’s terrible, as usual.
It isn’t always this bad, is it?
8. “She likes him very much – or so it seems.” Which is the parenthetical expression?
or so it seems
9. Which includes a correctly-punctuated parenthetical expression?
Rock music (or rock-n-roll) began in America.
Rock music, or rock-n-roll – began in America.
10. “Trump – as we all now know – won the election.” Without the parenthetic, the sentence is
as we all now know
Trump won the election Giúp em bài này với ạ em cần gấp, đừng copy nguồn trên mạng nha. Em xin cảm ơn thầy cô và các bạn nhiều.